Local Services Ads (LSAs) help you connect to local customers searching for the legal services you offer. That’s the same goal as many pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
Even though the goals are similar, LSAs work differently than other online advertising and marketing. Here are the main distinguishing factors:
- Only certain types of businesses (including basically all law firms) are eligible
- Applications are necessary, but Google confirms your business as reputable in the ad
- You pay only for direct contacts, e.g. potential clients calling you
- You have less control over ad copy and appearance
- Google reviews change your ranking
How LSAs Work
First and foremost: LSAs appear at the top of all search results, including mobile. They are simple listings containing your business name and an element that allows clients to contact you directly.
Implementing LSAs for law firms is a multi-stage process. First, you will need to apply. This includes submitting documents.
After approval, you need to allocate budgets and track incoming leads. If you operate in a competitive legal market — think divorce, criminal defense, personal injury or estate planning — then you should also improve your ad rank by getting good reviews on Google My Business.
Here’s a brief list of the four stages of LSA strategy and the actions you might need to take during each stage:
- Registration: Supplying information to Google. Waiting for license and insurance confirmation. Activating your LSA account.
- Budgeting: Reviewing competitive landscape. Setting seasonal or conditional budgets. Determining lead generation goals. Prioritizing different branch locations, if applicable.
- Lead management: Tracking campaign performance. Handling new leads. Communicating with clients. Determining contact-to-client conversion rates. Following leads through to the resolution of cases. Establishing ROI figures.
- Ranking maintenance: Encouraging positive reviews on Google. Disputing and removing false negative reviews, if necessary. Growing your Google My Business presence. Climbing the LSA rankings.
Why Choose FORWARD marketing’s LSA Services?
We understand how LSAs fit with your current ad campaigns. That includes how to integrate, track, prioritize, budget and so on. We do more than just set you up — we work with you to define goals, set expectations and execute complex strategies.
We are LSA experts. We’re also experts in SEO, Google My Business, web design and PPC for law firms, among other things. We’ll continue to stay up to date on any new opportunities that could advance your business — give us a call to develop a strategy that works for you.
Why Your Practice Needs LSAs
There is an increasing chance that your message will be seen — and, more importantly, will be trusted — if it is certified or approved by a trusted source. LSAs provide this extra credibility. Of course, it never hurts to be at the top of the results.
Applications take time. Please contact FORWARD marketing today at (888) 590-9687 to begin the process.