Google Local Services Ads (LSAs) for lawyers help you connect to local customers searching for the legal services you offer. That’s the same goal as many pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
Even though the goals are similar, LSAs work differently than other online advertising and marketing. Here are the main distinguishing factors:
- Only certain types of businesses (including basically all law firms) are eligible
- Applications are necessary, but Google confirms your business as reputable in the ad
- You pay only for direct contacts, e.g. potential clients calling you
- You have less control over ad copy and appearance
- Google reviews change your ranking
How Google Local Services Ads Work
First and foremost: LSAs appear at the top of all search results, including mobile. They are simple listings containing your business name and an element that allows clients to contact you directly. When a searcher enters a local search query (such as the one below), they may see several trusted legal professionals in their area positioned right above the traditional paid search ads; these new ads show a business number, hours, ratings, and reviews. This is also why it is crucial that you focus on getting good reviews.
After clicking on a Local Services Ad such as the one above the searcher will be brought to a page that shows that the business has been screened by Google, which automatically gives you a certain level of authority and credibility such as the one below:
Implementing LSAs for law firms is a multi-stage process. First, you will need to apply to determine your eligibility. This includes submitting documents.
After approval, you need to allocate budgets and track incoming leads. If you operate in a competitive legal market — think divorce, criminal defense, personal injury, or estate planning — then you should also improve your ad rank by getting good reviews on Google My Business.
Here’s a brief list of the four stages of LSA strategy and the actions you might need to take during each stage:
- Registration: Supplying information to Google. Waiting for license and insurance confirmation. Activating your LSA account.
- Budgeting: Reviewing competitive landscape. Setting seasonal or conditional budgets. Determining lead generation goals. Prioritizing different branch locations, if applicable.
- Lead management: Tracking campaign performance. Handling new leads. Communicating with clients. Determining contact-to-client conversion rates. Following leads through to the resolution of cases. Establishing ROI figures.
- Ranking maintenance: Encouraging positive reviews on Google. Disputing and removing false negative reviews, if necessary. Growing your Google My Business presence. Climbing the LSA rankings.
Why Choose FORWARD marketing’s LSA Services?
We understand how LSAs fit with your current ad campaigns. That includes how to integrate, track, prioritize, budget, and so on. We do more than just set you up — we work with you to define goals, set expectations, and execute complex strategies.
We are LSA experts. We’re also experts in SEO, Google My Business, web design and PPC for law firms, among other things. We’ll continue to stay up to date on any new opportunities that could advance your business — give us a call to develop a strategy that works for you. We are Google Partner Certified and our LSA Ads Team has over two decades of experience in managing ad campaigns for clients nationwide.
At FORWARD marketing, SEO and PPC marketing for lawyers is what we do. We have managed many PPC advertising campaigns for all types of law firms over the years. We are ready to share our in-depth understanding of how Google AdWords campaigns for lawyers work and strategize on how we can make them work for your specific practice.
First, we consult with you and assess your law firm’s requirements. Then, we create, manage, and monitor campaigns specifically geared toward your practice areas. Everything is accountable, so you can make business decisions based on hard data. We have seen ROI dramatically increased and leads triple after taking over the management of our clients’ PPC campaigns. What would that do for the caseload of your law firm?
The demand for your legal services is already out there. With our law firm PPC management services, you can harness that interest to grow your practice and dominate your local market. Contact us today at (888) 590-9687 for a no-obligation consultation.
Why Your Law Practice Needs LSAs
There is an increasing chance that your message will be seen — and, more importantly, will be trusted — if it is certified or approved by a trusted source. LSAs provide this extra credibility. Of course, it never hurts to be at the top of the results.
Applications take time. Please contact FORWARD marketing today at (888) 590-9687 to begin the process.