FORWARD Lawyer Marketing performs PPC for personal injury lawyers all across the United States and has for many years. Most areas of personal injury law are intensely competitive, especially in larger metropolitan areas. That makes PPC advertising for your law firm essential. It also makes it expensive, especially if done incorrectly.
At FORWARD Lawyer Marketing, we believe that personal injury law firms of any size with any marketing budget can grow their businesses using PPC. In fact, we have helped numerous law firms nationwide do so.
It all starts with a personalized consultation. Feel free to contact us at any time. We can look over your current web presence and discuss your opportunities.
If you’re not quite ready to do that, we’ve prepared this page to help you learn more about us. We’re covering the following topics about PPC for personal injury attorneys:
- What is PPC?
- PPC looks easy — but looks can be deceiving
- FORWARD Lawyer Marketing services
- The Google Certified Partners program
- Which types of personal injury law firms need PPC?
- Why are good law firm PPC keywords so expensive?
- Making the most of every ad dollar you spend
- A case study from one of our PI clients
- Personalized service and strategy
What Is PPC?
There are a lot of acronyms and initialisms out there on the internet. In this case, “PPC” stands for “pay per click”.
The way it works is relatively simple. You set a budget, choose some keywords and design an ad to display when people search for those keywords.
PPC ads display near the top of the Google search results page. Because these ads charge you every time someone clicks on them, it is typically a good idea to run campaigns for predefined targets, goals, and periods of time. You also want to target a specific radius of your geographic area in order to target those most likely to do business with you.
It Looks Easy — But Looks Can Be Deceiving
On one hand, PPC advertisement is very simple. Google provides a very approachable interface but for someone that is inexperienced, you can burn your budget in a very short period of time.
Unfortunately, Google’s interests lie in providing people information they can use — not optimizing your advertising ROI. You’ll need help to do that effectively.
Successful PPC campaigns for personal injury lawyers need to take into account the highly competitive nature of the profession. You’ll need to take advantage of nearly all of the customization and automatic improvement tools in order to see a significant return.
FORWARD Lawyer Marketing can help. We have the experience with Personal Injury law and the knowledge of Google that you need to succeed.
FORWARD Lawyer Marketing PPC For Personal Injury Lawyers
FORWARD Lawyer Marketing provides one-off PPC campaign management. We also run long-term strategic campaigns and integrate this service with our other offerings:
- SEO: SEO is a set of search engine optimization techniques to sustainably increase your site’s rank on Google.
- Web design: We provide ground-up site building, re-designs of your current website, and specific upgrades.
- Blog marketing: Blogs establish a steady stream of quality content, helping keep your site at a high search rank and providing valuable information for visitors.
- Social media: Social media accounts should reflect the professionalism of your law firm and generate new personal injury case leads for you.
- Local Services Ads: Google LSAs give you an opportunity to appear at the very top of the first search results page.
- Remarketing: Remarketing services are available through various channels, and could allow you to follow up on potential client interest across multiple platforms.
- Video (and video depositions): We capture HD video and produce polished, professional videos for your firm. Also, while this is not a marketing tool, we provide high-definition, reliable deposition recording services.
Law firm PPC is arguably most effective when you incorporate it with other online marketing techniques. It also helps to keep track. We can tie your campaigns in with your existing tracking platforms, set up your analytics accounts, or manage them completely so you can focus on growing your business.
The Google Certified Partners Program
Google PartnersOne way we help our clients is by staying up to date with the latest products and services from Google. We are Google Certified Partners, an industry-standard credential that requires us to recertify annually.
This certification is especially important when it comes to PPC. These ad tools are owned by and controlled by Google. They can and do change things frequently. They introduce new features, remove old ones and, sometimes, simply re-design the interface.
We are completely tuned in to this ever-changing process. That allows us to make the most of the tools available and prepare your campaigns for what’s coming next.
Which Types of Personal Injury Law Firms Need PPC?
Anyone who wants to target a specific type of case might consider investing in PPC ads. We run campaigns for the following and more:
- Specific geographical areas — regions, counties, cities, and so on
- Announcements about new office locations, new partners, etc
- Resources about changes to laws
- Class-action, mass tort, and other
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Product liability
- Bike and pedestrian crashes
- Premises injuries
- General personal injury services
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Motorcycle accidents
You’ll notice that these are all relatively competitive areas within personal injury. There are usually other, more efficient ways to generate internet traffic for less competitive topics. SEO is one example — it builds up your site to create a sustainable high search ranking position. That said, PPC is a great element of any high-budget marketing strategy because of its ability to completely saturate the first page of search results in tandem with other techniques.
To summarize: You probably want to run personal injury PPC ad campaigns to target specific types of cases in competitive practice areas. That’s where the majority of firms see the best results.
Why Are Good Law Firm PPC Keywords So Expensive?
Keywords are priced in what’s basically an open market scheme like an auction, which is why they call the prices set for PPC bids. Higher demand means higher prices. Personal injury law keywords are among the most expensive on Google.
There’s a misconception that certain keywords are better than others. It’s all about return on investment. The value to your firm of any given keyword will be based on the following:
- How well it matches your services
- How popular it is
- How much traffic it gets
- How much it costs
- How well you convert clicks into clients
You can also get much more value out of popular keywords if you restrict your campaign. There are many, many ways to do this, such as by location, time of day, and other metrics
Making the Most of Every Ad Dollar You Spend
What do you want out of an advertising campaign? Of course, you want exposure — but the point of that exposure is to create new business for your company.
One aspect is quality landing page content. After people click your ad, you want to provide exactly what they need to make the right decision — hiring you to represent their interests. If you don’t have an attractive landing page with well-written content that answers what your prospect was looking for they will just leave the page. So, you’ve paid for an expensive click and received nothing for it. This is why it is so crucial to hire professionals that have many years of experience and Google certification to do this for you.
At FORWARD Lawyer Marketing, we also maintain careful oversight of PPC campaigns. We create, track, manage and report all of the following:
- A successful PPC campaign for personal injury lawyers requires keyword strategy, engaging ads, and useful quality landing pages — all of which we provide.
- Google lets you leverage artificial intelligence to automatically display the most effective version of an ad — we can set that up correctly and draft distinct versions.
- Clicks can add up fast — we set realistic budgets and target ads for minimum spending.
We don’t want to bait people into clicking on your ad. We are not trying to generate metrics that make us look good — we’re generating real leads that translate to real business for your law firm.
A Case Study From One of Our Personal Injury Clients
A couple of years ago, we were introduced to a personal injury lawyer. This lawyer wanted more results from ongoing SEO and online advertisement efforts.
The fact was that there was plenty of room for improvement. The strategy at that time was aiming for 75 keywords, of which only 5 were making it to the top search results page.
After a year, we had 135 out of 208 keywords on the first page of Google for this client. We were running PPC campaigns on some of those keywords, too. These PPC ads were generating around 110 to 150 Google AdWords inbound calls per month, and that’s out of around only 500-660 clicks.
Cost per call is an important metric in PPC advertising. You want visitors to your website — especially if it’s optimized to capture leads — but you really want calls more.
An over-20-percent click-to-call conversion rate is an indication that your campaign is doing well. It’s even better considering the potential value of each call you get as a personal injury attorney.
The bottom line: Once someone calls you, your intake staff knows exactly what to do. Our ads generate those calls. See the PDF of the case study here.
Personalized Service and Strategy
At FORWARD Lawyer Marketing, we’re committed to your success. That means our first order of business is understanding what success means to you.
Each of our clients has a different goal for their organization. Some want to establish themselves as experts in a specific field of personal injury law. Some want to be the go-to firm for their region. Most have a complex set of goals that serve an overarching vision.
We understand law firms, business, and marketing. We will work with you to bring everything together in the most efficient way possible.
Feel free to contact us through our contact form here or call us at (888) 590-9687. We can set up a time to discuss your goals in detail — or we can quickly deliver high-performance PPC ad content that fits your specific requirements.